Skip links

Main Content

Tax Help

For the self-employed: Affordable fixed-fee packages that cover the tax return, the accounts, and also dealing with queries throughout the year.Find out more

Make Tax Easy. Get Help.

Anyone can call themselves "an accountant" so it is important to seek out one with experience and qualifications to help you. Many accountants generalise and deal with both large and small businesses, so finding one that specialises in one-person businesses will help make things easier for you. Someone who started their own business from scratch, as I did, will have already faced the same challenges that you will.

I specialise in helping self-employed people in Surrey, making tax as easy as possible so you can concentrate on growing your business

- JR McBrearty

Work on your business

Rather than spend your precious time on admin and dealing with HMRC, let me take care of it for you. You can then grow your business instead and earn more.

Many small business owners make the mistake of trying to do everything themselves, thinking it will save money.

Unfortunately, people underestimate the amount of time it will take to do their own tax and accounts, time that would be much better spent working on the business rather than in it.

Also, while accountancy fees qualify for tax relief in the accounts, there is no deduction available for your own time.

With the regular changes in the tax regulations, you may also miss out on allowances that you were entitled to and end up paying more tax by doing things yourself.

Find out more

Behind with your tax?

Get help now before it's too late

When starting and growing a small business there are a lot of demands on your limited time resource.

Unfortunately, sometimes tax can fall behind, and can even result in you becoming several years behind before you realise action needs to be taken.

Leaving things can result in unnecessary fines from HMRC, that in many cases are much more than the cost of getting professional help would have been.

I can help you get back up to date so that you don't need to worry about your taxes. I've helped people who were several years behind, bringing their affairs up to date in a matter of weeks.

Once you make the decision to get help then things can move quickly, and penalties are much less when you are forward in your submissions to HMRC.

In some cases, after including all the allowances you are entitled to, there may not even be any tax to pay.

There are discounts on fees when I complete several years together, and with my fixed-fee packages you know what it will cost upfront.

Find out more